Cleaning Fur, Paws, and the Environment
Aussie Pet Mobile Sonoma County is an environmentally innovative business that provides mobile grooming services for all breeds of cats and dogs. Base services include a 15 step grooming process, breed clips and shave downs. By coming to the customer, Aussie Pet Mobile reduces the number of vehicle trips pet owners take to drop off and pick up pets from stationary grooming sites. Their one-on-one service is provided in a self-contained vehicle that utilizes a rooftop mounted solar panel for generating salon power needs. The van runs on a Mercedes-Benz® BlueTEC four-cylinder clean diesel engine with ultra-low greenhouse gas emissions and high fuel economy.
At their office space, Aussie Pet Mobile installed low-flow aerators in bathrooms, conducted indoor audits to detect leaks, replaced MR-16 halogen lamps and incandescent bulbs with LED models, and switched to Green Seal™ certified cleaning products. Additionally, they use biodegradable grooming products such as oatmeal, hypo- allergenic, tea tree, yucca, neem, and bluing shampoos and recycle 100% of the used grooming water into the landscape.
In 2015, Aussie Pet Mobile completed an audit of their actions and found that their annual savings in energy, water, and carbon dioxide were 3,770 KWh, 3,410 gallons, and 2,429 pounds, respectively.
In the spirit of continual improvement, Aussie Pet Mobile has adopted an Environmental Policy Statement that incorporates sustainability into their core internal and external business operations. The policy includes commitments to reduce, reuse, and recycle, conserve natural resources, purchase environmentally preferable products, and promote outreach and awareness. They have established an employee education program and constantly look to their employees, suppliers, and customers for ways to become more sustainable.
Aussie Pet Mobile is a certified Sonoma County Green Business and a member of the Joint District Spare the Air Program. They are the only pet grooming business in Sonoma and Napa County to receive a Green Business Certification. The business owner was a Board Member of the Santa Rosa Junior College Foundation. He initiated the Speakers Series on Innovation, which included a session on sustainability. Aussie Pet Mobile leads the way in innovation and eco-friendly pet grooming.
“Our newest Aussie Pet Mobiles are the most environmentally friendly mobile grooming salons we have ever deployed. We use only all natural grooming supplies and our vans use supplementary solar charging systems to help make our planet a better place for everybody.” - Aussie Pet Mobile Website
Aussie Pet Mobile Sonoma County provides mobile grooming services for all breeds of cats and dogs.
- Provide service at pet residence in order to reduce the number of vehicle trips required to drop off and pick up pets at stationary grooming sites
- Utilize a rooftop mounted solar panel for generating vehicle salon power needs
- Operate a Mercedes-Benz® BlueTEC technology four-cylinder clean diesel engine
- Use biodegradable shampoo products
- Recycle 100% of grooming water back into the landscape
- Clean with Green Seal ™certified products
- Adopted Environmental Policy Statement which incorporates sustainability into external and internal business operations
- Installed low flow aerators in bathrooms
- Conducted indoor audit to detect leaks
- Replaced MR-16 halogen lamps and incandescent bulbs with LED models
- 3,770 kilowatt hour (KWh) of energy
- 3,410 gallons of water
- 2,429 pounds of carbon dioxide
Did you find what you were looking for? Help us improve CoolCalifornia.org by filling out a brief survey!