- An evaluation team will review each application received during the application period to access eligibility (i.e., requirements listed above are met).
- Applications passing through the initial evaluation screening process will be reviewed and scored by a scoring team (“judges”). The scoring teams will consist of one person from the public sector and one person from the private sector with business, sustainability, and/or energy efficiency expertise.
- Applications will be scored on a 50-point scale according to the point value indicated in each section and by each question presented in the application.
- All applicants will be subject to a routine background, compliance, and environmental review of business operations.
- Potential award winners may be visited on-site to verify the information received, to take pictures for program promotional purposes, and to meet the business owners and employees.
Notification of Winners
- Business of the Year and Climate Leader award recipients will be notified by phone and/or e-mail approximately 1 month prior to the award ceremony.
- Award recipients will be invited to an award ceremony and reception to be held in downtown Sacramento.
Award Ceremony and Reception
- An award ceremony and reception will be held in downtown Sacramento and attended by dignitaries from CARB, the Legislature, business leaders, and current and past winners.
- A reception will be held immediately following the award ceremony. Attendance at the reception will be limited to award winners and their guests, judges or their designees, and special guests. An invitation will be required to be admitted to the reception.
- The reception is a great opportunity to network with current and past winners, and mix and mingle with many business and government leaders involved in reducing costs and the environmental impacts of doing business in California.
- Award recipients will be responsible for their own lodging and transportation to and from the awards ceremony and reception.